MY AFRICAN LOVE
Bachelorette Eligibility Requirement
Complying with the bachelorette eligibility requirements.
All applicants must sign statements acknowledging that they have read, understand and will comply with all of the following bachelorette eligibility requirements (“Eligibility”) of “My African Love” (the “Program”) in order to proceed with the application process:
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of Africa Dream Path Productions (“Producer”), and any Television Networks and their subsidiaries, all Program advertising, promotional and judging agencies, Program broadcasters and distributors and all other companies associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions, and joint ventures as well as (a) the immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings, regardless of where they live), and (b) members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents; are not eligible to be the bachelorette or any of the female contestants on “My Africa Love” or participate in the application process. In addition, any applicant closely acquainted with any person connected with the production or administration or exhibition of the Program is not eligible if, in Producer’s sole discretion, the person’s participation could create the appearance of impropriety. Any irregular applications or fees collected with the applications will not be refunded. None of the aforementioned meet the bachelorete eligibility requirements.
- Applicant must be female to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements.
- Applicant must be heterosexual to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements
- Applicant must be literate to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements
- Applicant must have good moral character to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements
- Applicant has not engaged in prostitution or any form thereof
- Applicant has not participated in any obscene or x-rated exhibition, whether in print, stage television, or movies.
- All applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of application to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements .
- Applicants may not presently be a candidate for any type of political office (“Candidate”) and may not become a Candidate from the time the application is submitted until one (1) year after first broadcast of the last episode of the Program in which they appear.
- All applicants must be a resident of a Sub-Saharan African country and of African descent who can travel without restrictions to West African countries to and from the United States and who are eligible to marry an American and travel to the United States on a K-1 Visato meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements .
- All applicants must have a passport valid for one (1) year following the submission of the application and must be able to obtain any visas and/or documentation required to:
a) travel without restrictions to and from the United States and
b) to and within the countries of Africa.
- All applicants must be single to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements . To qualify as “single” the applicant must not currently be involved in a committed intimate relationship, which includes: any marital relationship (whether or not the parties are separated or currently in the process of divorcing or annulling such marriage); any co-habitation relationship involving physical intimacy; or a monogamous dating relationship more than two (2) months in duration.
- Applicants must never have been convicted of a felony to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements . . Applicants must never have been convicted of a misdemeanor, or ever had a restraining order entered against them, either of which were based in whole or in part on the commission of one or more acts involving moral turpitude or violence, as defined by the Producer in its sole discretion.
- All applicants understand and acknowledge that participation in the Program, including, without limitation, the activities and events arranged by the Program coordinator, may expose applicant and other participants to the risk of death, serious injury, illness or disease and/or property damage. Applicants must be willing and able to participate in physical activities that may result in injury. The applicants understand that filming activities may occur in areas of political unrest and must sign a release attesting to the fact that the applicant understands and knowingly and willingly agrees to assume any risk associated with political unrest. Applicants must sign a release attesting to the fact that the applicant understands and knowingly and willingly agrees to assume such risks. Applicants understand that by submitting the participant application (the “Participant Application”), applicants acknowledge that they accept and assume all risks known or unknown of any nature (including, without limitation, the foregoing) that may arise in any way from or relate to applicant’s participation in the selection process for and/or participation in the Program.
- Each applicant acknowledges, understands and agrees that Producer may disclose any information contained within or derived from her or her application to third persons connected with the Program and to compile information from third parties in connection with such application and the application process about applicant’s private, personal and public life, personal relationships with third persons, confidences and secrets with family, friends, significant others, including without limitation: physical appearance; personal characteristics/habits (both physical and mental); medical treatment/history (both physical and mental); sexual history; educational and employment history; military history; criminal investigations, charges and records; personal views and opinions about life, the world, politics, religion, and the like (collectively, “Personal Information”). Applicant acknowledges and agrees that Producer may reveal such Personal Information to third parties in the course of the application process and/or the Program and that Applicant releases, discharges, and holds harmless Companies (as defined below) from any and all claims and damages arising from such compilation or disclosure of Personal Information.
- Each applicant acknowledges, understands and agrees that she, if chosen as a bachelorette on the Program, may be audio and/or video recorded twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week while participating in the Program by means of open and hidden cameras, whether or not she is then aware that she is being videotaped or recorded (collectively, “Recordings”) and that such Recordings may be disseminated on television and/or all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all manner throughout the Universe in perpetuity.
- Applicants acknowledge, understand, and agree that Companies (as defined below) use or revelation of Personal Information and Recordings as defined in these Eligibility Requirements may be embarrassing, unfavorable, humiliating, and/or derogatory and/or may portray her in a false light. Each applicant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Companies from any and all claims (including, without limitation, claims for slander, libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality, and/or civil rights, depiction in a false light, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, copyright infringement, and/or any other tort and/or damages arising from or in any way relating to the submission of a Participant Application, participation in the selection process, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings and/or the use of the applicant’s name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, or the promotion thereof in all media now known or hereafter devised. Applicants are required to sign Releases to the effect. “Companies” as used herein shall collectively mean Africa Dream Path Productions, and any Television Networks and their subsidiaries, all advertising, promotional and judging agencies, Program broadcaster and distributors and all other companies associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions and joint venture partners, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
- Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that she is not and will under no circumstances as a result of the submission of a Participant Application, participation in the selection process, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings and/or the use of the applicant’s name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, the promotion thereof in all media now known or hereafter devised or for any other reason in connection with her or her application and/or participation in the Program, become an employee or an independent contractor of the Producer and/or Companies and will not make any claims against Producer and/or Companies, including, without limitation, claims for compensation, derived from any allegation of status as an employee. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that her relationship to Producer and/or Companies is and shall be limited solely to that of a grantor of rights.
- Any applicant who has appeared on any prime-time television reality show, or is involved in the current production of any such television show must disclose such information in her application and may, at Producer’s sole discretion, be deemed not to meet the bachelorette eligibility requirements. If any applicant is currently being considered as a contestant and/or participant in a prime-time television reality/game show, she must withdraw her application from such competing show upon Producer’s request.
- All applicants must authorize Producer to conduct a background check, which may include, without limitation, a credit check, a military records check, a criminal arrest and/or conviction check, mental instability check, a civil litigation check, a family court litigation check, interviews with employers, neighbors, teachers, etc. All applicants must sign the attached Authorization to Release Personal and Confidential Records and Information.
- All applicants who are selected as bachelorette Semi-Finalists to be on “My Africa Love” must be available to travel to Lagos, Nigeria, Accra or Ghana Africa, for further interviews. (Location and date to be determined and are subject to change in Producer’s sole discretion).
- All applicants who are selected as Semi-Finalists must complete and timely return the “Terms and Conditions Package,” which will be provided, and may include, among other documents: a Medical History Form and Authorization and a Psychological Profile (which forms should be completed by Applicant and her or her own physician at Semi-Finalist’s own expense); General Release and Indemnity Agreement; Confidentiality Agreement; and Background Check Authorization Form (all forms will be furnished to the Semi-Finalists).
- In the Authorization, General Release and Indemnity Agreement, the Semi-Finalist agrees to assume the risk of any and all financial losses, injury, illness, damage, loss, or harm to Semi-Finalist’s person or property of any kind, howsoever caused, arising from or relating to the submission of an Application and Questionnaire Form, the selection of Semi-Finalist, the bachelorettes’ participation in the Program, and/or the production and/or exploitation of the Program.
- All bachelorette applicants who are selected as Semi-Finalists and to travel to West Africa may be required to undergo physical and psychological examinations and testing (to be conducted in West Africa by qualified personnel selected by the Producer) and meet all physical and psychological requirements, as set by Producer in its sole discretion.
- Semi-Finalists shall treat all information and materials received or acquired about Producer, Companies, the selection process and/or the Program, as strictly confidential and shall not disclose or otherwise disseminate any such information to any third party. Semi-Finalists must sign a Confidentiality Agreement in the form presented by Producer.
- Upon Producer’s request, all Semi-Finalists and Finalists bachelorette(s) must agree to sign any additional releases or authorizations that Producer, in its sole discretion, deems necessary.
- Bachelorette(s) must be available to travel and participate in “My African Love” for selected days over a six (6) month period for one (1) year following the submission of the application, and to participate in recording additional Program materials and in promotional activities for the Program for selected days thereafter upon Producer’s request. (Dates and/or location to be determined and subject to change in Producer’s sole discretion).
- Bachelorette must agree to live, participate and cooperate with the other individuals and the Producer during the taping of the Program. Bachelorette must be able to travel for long periods of time, must be adaptable to various living situations, and must enjoy participating and living in close proximity with others of varied background and experience.
- The bachelorette must report and be available to participate in the Program at all times and places as Producer shall designated.Applicants must Provide:
- Two-piece Swimwear
- Casual attire, cocktail and business wear for the duration of your stay. This includes Nigerian High-fashion garments.
- Gowns for the final four contestants will be provided.
- Hair and make-up will be provided with limits. If contestants want to provide their own, they may.Some of the Judging Considerations:
- Beauty of Face and Figure
- Personality, Elegance, Poise and Stage Presence, Conversational Abilities.
Applicants understand and agree that the Bachelorette Eligibility Requirements may be changed, modified, or amended by Producer in its sole discretion from time to time.
Please Sign and date below and bring to Audition. An executed copy is required for our legal files.
I, by attaching my signature hereto, acknowledged that I have read, understand and will comply with all of the foregoing eligibility requirements
Print Full Name
End of Eligibility Requirement
My African Love WRGE Reg. #1245850
My African Love, LLC
Lagos, West Africa