The purpose of this page is to offer some Home Video Instructions and Tips on how to make the most effective photographs and videos.
Now that you have submitted the “Participation Questionnaire and Application Form”, you must now submit photographs and home video to give us images of who you are!
In addition to this “Participant Questionnaire and Application Form”, an integral component of the application process is the submission of photographs and home video – failure to do so will result in delaying the processing of your Application and/or may result in eliminating you from further consideration.
Please submit anywhere from 5 to 15 color pictures. The photographs should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include some good close-ups shots and full body pics. There is no need to crop out other people. Photos may also be submitted by Cell phone
- Choose a well-lit room and don’t stand in front of a white wall.
- Dress up, but don’t wear black, white, or a loud print
- Don’t wear a hat or sunglasses
- Do not chew gum
HOME VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
Relax and show us your FUN side! Your home video should be 5-10 minutes in length…or however long it takes for us to get to know you better! Bottom line – personality is key!
- The home video should be sent by e–mail to info@myafricalove. Make sure you have played the video before sending it!
- Be aware of lighting—no shadows please!
- Stand in front of a colorful background, so you don’t appear washed out. White walls do not work well.
- Dress up, but do not wear black or loud prints.
- Be aware of any background noises. Turn off the TV, radio, air conditioning, ceiling fans or heating units as this will create a hum or buzz. If you tape outside be aware those elements as well, wind, traffic, sunlight, people, etc.
- No hats or sunglasses.
- Do not chew gum
- Make sure you are framed properly. A medium close-up shot is from just below the waist to just above the head.
- Record one close-up shot and one full-length shot at the end of your home video.
There are seven questions listed below to be answered on camera.
These questions should be read by another person, so that Applicant is not reading from a sheet of paper.
Have a friend or a relative film you. It will make the quality of your tape better! If you are using a cell phone camera, make sure to hold it sideways so the video is in landscape format not portrait! If possible use a tripod to stabilize the camera from erratic movement
CONTENT: These are suggestions. Be creative and have fun with this! Let your personality shine through. If there is something you’d like to tell us that we haven’t asked, tell us!
- Introduce yourself; tell us your name, age and what you do for a living. Where do you live? Do you rent/own? Do you have roommates? Do you have pets? Introduce us to them! If you are doing the tape at home, give us a tour!
- Give us a dating history. Have you ever been in love? If no, why not, and if yes, tell us your love story! Or tell us a funny first date story!
- Describe your ultimate fantasy date! Where you would go, what activity you would do, what would be on the menu for dinner, etc.
- Tell us about your family – are you close? Do you have siblings?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Tell us any funny or unusual travel stories you’ve experienced!
- What would your hometown date be like? Where would we go and whom would we meet?
- Do you have any special talents? If there is a hobby or activity you like, tell us or show us. For example, if you love to cook, take us into the kitchen and show us what’s for dinner! If you love to work out, show us your routine! Feel free to take the camera out and about with you and tape in a different location – we want to get a little glimpse of your life!
Make sure your home video is labeled with your name and phone number. Any pictures you mail must have your name and number on the back as well. Casting videos and pictures will not be returned.
Send the Video, along with required photographs, and a signed copy of the”Application” to:
DREAM PATH PRODUCTIONS. LLC
P.O. Box 17326
Raleigh, NC 27619